Thursday 17 August 2017

Welcome back to English!

Dear Grade 12 parents and students,

Welcome back to English! I am very excited to continue teaching at HJIS and look forward to another great year with you all!

If you do not know me, this is my second year teaching at HJIS. I have previously taught in Kuwait and Spain before coming to Japan. I come from a large family of three brothers including a twin brother who is also an international teacher. In my teaching, I look towards developing a great sense of internationalism within my students, and I hope to continue to do this with your sons and daughters.

This year, we will continue the second half of the IB English Language and Literature course that we began last year. This semester, we will be focusing on Parts 2 (Language and Mass Communication) and 3 (Literature: Texts and Contexts) of the course.

We will begin with Part 2: Language and Mass Communication. The units we will be studying include:

Unit #1: Textual Bias
Unit #2: Advertising and Marketing
Unit #3:  Digital Media
Unit #4 (HL only): Language and the State

If you have any further questions about this course, please feel free to email me at chepburn@horizon.ac.jp

Thanks for your time and enjoy the last few days of summer!

Regards,

Mr. Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment